The perfect Valentine’s Day packed lunch
This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday, so unless you have been award-winningly organised and romantic, booking a day off in advance, chances are, the majority of us will be spending it at work after hurriedly texting a loved one on the morning commute.
But with the very minimal of effort, you can make Valentine’s Day special for your partner or even make your flatmate’s day with a special lunch.
Valentine’s Day Salad:
This salad looks beautiful, but is the easiest meal in the world to throw together and consists of only a few ingredients. Any more than those listed below and it would detract from the fabulous sweetness of the strawberries and peppery tang of the edible pansies:
- A big handful of rocket leaves
- Edible flowers, such as Borage or Pansies (both beautiful blue and purple colours)
- 6 – 8 big ripe, quartered, strawberries
- A sprinkle of sliced almonds
- Crumbled goats cheese
Simply throw together the dry ingredients in your Lunch Box Original, keeping the sliced strawberries in the separate compartment to keep the salad leaves crisp until lunchtime. A balsamic glaze, vinegar or even easy vinaigrette dressing can be kept in the sauce pot until ready to eat.
One of the prettiest and flavoursome spring salad recipes you will find.
Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Sarnie
- 1 small tub of plain cream cheese
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- Half a tbsp of lemon juice (either fresh or from concentrate – it doesn’t matter)
- Half a tsp of almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 250g of chopped cherries (they can be fresh, or defrosted from frozen)
- 3 tbsp of sliced, raw almonds
- Bread of your choice
Spoon the cream cheese into a bowl and all the other ingredients, mixing well.
Spread the filling onto your bread and simply pop another slice on top.
It’s not often you get to make a sweetheart sarnie, so why not go all out this Valentine’s Day and as well as the seasonal ingredients, invest in a heart shaped cookie cutter, to cut the sarnies in finger sandwich sized heart shapes before popping in your partner’s Lunch Box Original.